As a Business Analyst, what can you expect from IT folks?
- BA can expect Technical subject matter expertise and technical solution(s) for any tech problems.
- They are available to support on tech related decisions and issues.
- Ensures availability of IT resources based on the scope of the project.
- Tech folks will help BA, to identify projects dependencies and will try provide support if required.
- There participation in core team and review meetings/walkthroughs helps to get the update on development status.
- BA must work with the Project Manager to develop an integrated IT schedule to ensure IT work is aligned with overall project schedule, assigned and completed on time and within budget.
- Tech lead of the project should participate in Change Control Management meetings for approval to move the IT components of the project to Production
- They provide IT acceptance of approved Business Requirement DocumentFacilitate the development of Technical Requirements Document and Detail Design documents (as applicable)
- IT team may (but not all the time) provide or create test scripts, test cases and test data used for complete IT testing
- Updates on traceability matrix with links to technical requirements
- Updates on UAT/QA defect tracker.
Let me know you have any questions…