If you are conducting a meeting for any reason, you are the owner of the meeting and responsible for following:
- Meeting Agenda
- Meeting Minutes
- Ask right questions to right people
- Ensure you invite key Stakeholders and Subject Mater Experts (SMEs) : If you’re having a meeting to discuss requirements with "stakeholder A", try to invite key players from "Sakeholder A"
- Track all the issues, and make list of them
- Try to get decisions right away from the Stakeholders or request them to send out an email
- Don't think of other meetings, it may divert your questions
- And finally, try to avoid giving false promises (ex: deadlines)
Breaking down each actionable outcome into a series of smaller stepping stones can help make meetings more productive.